Wednesday, August 13, 2008
The thing that made me cry today (8/10/08)
I adore So You Think You Can Dance. Little known fact about Bon--in my first life I was a dancer for 20+ years. I wish I had had the opportunity to do the dancing they do these days...oh yeah gimme some of that. These two were just extraordinary, and that young man has had little if any formal training, that's all him, all natural raw self-taught talent under some direction. Amazing.
For my part, the story I saw in the dance was orders, separation. The shirt just pushed me over the edge, I have a shirt. It's got so much magic in it it can actually save the day when I am in the depths of sadness. It's the ugliest shirt you've ever seen, got paint all over it, acid holes, you name it. But it belonged to LT Dan for years and now, it's MY magic shirt.
I haven't seen my husband in over a month. Damn I miss him. One more month and I get to see him again. This has been a long stretch. Bless his heart he actually watched this whole video and another one too! Just for me. Dance would not be his biggest interest. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
just a month, just a month... quite a mantra!
hang in there it will just fly right by. or something like that.
I love, love this routine and the dancers! It's really very beautiful. Wasn't the finale amazing!
You're halfway there! Mine will be gone in a month. Blech.
Post a Comment