Oh. My. God. If I hear "Have a magical day!" one more time I swear I will just cry. My brother and his family, along with my Mom are visiting Disney. Yesterday was Mom's 70th birthday. My sister, Lisa and I were supposed to be there but we're not. The best laid plans and all. Lisa disintegrated a tooth that was supposed to be pulled next week. So yesterday we were at the dentist, not at Disney World. A new dentist, the regular dentist is where dentists are on Spring Break--probably at Disney with my family. *chuckle* So we get to the new dentist and we fill out all the papers.
Mind you, Lisa does not like the dentist. Not even a little bit and she's also prone to hysteria if there is a hint that pain will be involved. Our dentist makes her take Valium before she comes to his office for major procedures--he gives her no choice even though we are not drug doing people and she would really rather NOT take this drug prior to her dentist visit. That also requires that she have a chauffeur to and from the dentist--me. But I digress.
So we fill out the new dentist papers, she troops in to have her tooth pulled, whereupon the new dentist says "What? you took Valium on the orders of your other dentist? I can't pull your tooth you are under the influence of a drug and your consent is not valid." They call me in from the parking lot where I am reading a book and waiting. I say, well I have a medical power of attorney, I can sign, you pull the tooth, I go home and fax it to you, it's all good. No. She can come back tomorrow and not take Valium until she signs the consent. I hate the new dentist.
So we did not go to Disney for Mom's 70th birthday celebration (which I hear was magical) and we did not go today either. We are going tomorrow. My eye. Meanwhile I am calling about every half hour all last evening in order to update Mom and to wish her Happy Birthday. Every time I call the last thing the operator says is "Have a magical day!"
This day, and yesterday were not so magical really...please stop wishing me a magical day, ok? Just stop.
2 comments:
My brother did the college program at disney world (how he got my parents on board with that is a whole nother topic!) well four years later and he says his eye still twitches when he hears that phrase. I used to call him at disney world just so he would have to say it!
I too hate dentist, in fact I drive from our duty station 6 hrs to my old dentist in MD b/c I have such a phobia and dont care to break in a new dentist. So I really feel for your daughter. Hope the next visit goes better.
I am a valium taker for the dentist and for flying. Other than that I never need the stuff. The sad part is my adrenaline is so high for both events that I need about 3X the normal dose for a person my size. It blows my doctor's mind. lol When I don't take it for the dentist they also can not get the numbing medicine to work. My dentist has told me that the adrenaline counters the novacaine. Valium is your friend when you are like me or your sister.
Sorry you two had to miss your trip and that your sister's new dentist is a little bit of a poopy head.
Next time you call and are told to have a magical day, tell them that you just ripped the wings off of a pixie fairy and shook her upside down to rid her of all of her pixie dust... and if they say that again they may get worse! (snicker!)
by the way... if your sister is the one taking valium... she will be the only one having a magical day! ;)
Post a Comment