I've been playing with my blog this morning. Bad Bon. I'm supposed to be *doing* things. Opening that ginormous pile of mail over there, doing laundry, buying groceries, paying bills, walking the dog, oh yeah, getting dressed would be good too. The President is having a press conference and I'm not really totally listening to that either. I'm avoiding responsibility and playing with my blog *grin*
About Lt Dan. That is his call sign because Forrest Gump is one of my all time favorite movies and I loved Lt Dan almost as much as I loved Forrest. Stubborn, willful, sometimes dumb, as kind as he was hard...I'll stop now because I could list my Lt Dan traits all day long probably. Now of course my Lt Dan says "but Lt Dan had no legs and I have at least one good one." LOL Yeah. My Lt Dan has a leg that got some major trauma in a training catastrophe. He's working on it, it's getting better, that's another post entirely. So, now you know why Lt Dan is Lt Dan. Actual rank isn't a part of that, rather it's about who he is and who I am and how things go.
We had a Hail and Farewell while I was up at The Cave. I'm a newb military wife so this was my first ever. I came away thinking "wow, I really AM a newb (newb: A term used to describe an inexperienced gamer/person/etc. A newb is someone who actually wants to get better.) military wife." I met a whole bunch of people, can remember like three names, got a rose and a battalion pin because we were one of the two couples being welcomed (I did notice the other wives had those on,) and felt totally like a newb. So many people there who have spent many years living this life and we are just at the beginning and I know so little. This too shall pass and still it was nice and interesting. By the way, the Urban Dictionary is sometimes a fun place to go--you can look up words like newb!
I think I'm going to have to get one of those little old lady pill holder things. Right now an ash tray is my tool of choice (nothing else to do with it). While I was up at The Cave I had my annual physical. It wasn't good, I have osteoporosis. So lots of pills, daily and once weekly. Weee so much for any sense of invincibility I may have had. I could go on a long rant about this since I already DO all the things you are supposed to do to avoid having this. Damn heredity is all I'm gonna say because you don't need a rant in addition to a zillion random thoughts.
Also while I was at The Cave I made a military wife friend who happens to live in our same Cave complex. Cool. We had lots of fun spending time together and going places and I enjoyed being around her two little girls immensely. So yay, a friend is a good thing and I'm kinda sorry I can't be there for her all the time. Her husband is in a school so she doesn't see him much right now and won't for another couple of months.
All right it's almost noon and I have done nothing I'm supposed to, I better get moving. Hope everyone has a great day.
3 comments:
I'm a "newb," too. We just moved to a new duty station.
Hope all is going well there!
Wait, wait, wait... now, blog playing sounds like an act of shirking responsibility, but really a blog is a responsibility in and of itself. It's a news outlet, a gossip column, an editorial page, a fashion column, and better than Stars and Stripes (IMHO). Never let paying bills or doing grown-up things get in the way of writing and playing on your blog. I will have to stop by more and say "Can Bon come out and play?" :)
I wondered about Lt. Dan. I had a feeling it had something to do with the character. I loved Lt. Dan in the movie too. He had his own demons to fight, but in the end he was redeemed and stood taller than ever.
Good luck with the protocol stuff. I am such a rebel that I just know I would have messed so much of that up. Well, Ok, I am a clutz and a bafoon when it comes to stuff like that... so I will just say I am a rebel. It sounds better.
Hi Tootie! Personally, I hate being new at anything. Ugh.
*giggle* @ Claire You are a rebel, I'm a renegade ;)
Post a Comment